This is a sponsored post. I received this product for my completely honest review (I’ll never review something I wouldn’t give to my friends and family). Check out my disclosure policy here.
Here’s your perfect summer salad. Seriously. I made this for a friend during a playdate and we ended up turning on a show for the kids just so we could savor it. It was crazy good. Make it to share so you don’t end up eating the whole bowl!
I think the secret ingredient is the Honey Brown Hot Sauce. They sent me some to try and Y’all it’s so awesome that I asked for a bottle to give away. I really wanted to post my all time favorite new chicken I’ve been making with it, but it’s not much of a recipe, so I’ll just share it here: 1/4 of coconut amino’s and 1/4 cup of Honey Brown Hot Sauce and 2 lbs of boneless chicken in the crockpot on high for 3-4 hours (until chicken shreds). Enjoy!
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 cup of wild rice
- 1 3/4 cup of water
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 scallions
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 almonds slivered
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground pepper
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 8 oz of sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon of Honey’s Brown Hot Sauce or Sriracha sauce
- 1 avocado
- Bring 1 3/4 water and 1 cup of wild rice to a boil and then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Wash and chop scallions, and snap peas.
- Toast almonds in a heavy skillet over medium heat until browned. Salt to taste.
- Combine lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and Honey's Brown Hot Sauce.
- Combine vinaigrette, cooked rice, chicken, snap peas, and scallions.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Add avocado when serving.
- Best eaten the day of but you can prep the chicken, almonds, and vinaigrette the day before!
Now, for the giveaway. Just tell us about your favorite summer dish to enter. No hoops!