One of the reasons I wanted to start this blog is because I truly love good food. I struggled with this when I was diagnosed with my allergies because basically I had to learn to eat and cook all over again.
Most of the alternatives I found to accommodate my soy and gluten issues were good workarounds for people with allergies – but not good food!
I’m endeavoring to make good food…that just happens to be soy and gluten free. I feel pretty confident in saying that these pancakes with the roasted strawberry sauce are just that! Man, these pancakes are incredible. They remind me of a combination of a crepe, popover, pancake. And while that might not work in your mind, let me tell you it works on your plate. They were delicious. The roasted strawberry sauce was to die for. My family made sure there wasn’t a drop left on the cookie sheet.
For my non-allergy friends: Make Pioneer Woman’s Greek Yogurt Pancakes (I adapted my recipe from hers) and make my strawberry sauce to go on top.
We gave the pancakes to Ella and when I turned around, they were already gone. I seriously thought she threw them to the floor, but she had already gobbled them up. She was ready for seconds before I even sat down!
I was okay with that, because these pancakes are packed with protein and don’t have the dreaded sugar crash.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 7 tablespoons of of almond flour (NOT almond meal)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 banana
- Butter for Pan
- 1 lb of strawberries
- 3 teaspoons of coconut sugar (you can replace with regular sugar)
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Hull and slice strawberries.
- In a medium bowl combine strawberries, sugar, salt, and olive oil.
- Line strawberries on a cookies sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Mash banana.
- Combine banana, eggs, vanilla, almond flour, baking powder, greek yogurt and salt.
- Melt butter in skillet on medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter on to the pan.
- When pancakes begin to bubble, flip them.
- Serve with strawberry sauce on top.
You guys be patient with these pancakes and they will be the best pancakes you've had. Since they don't have "real" flour they need a bit more love. You may need to add more butter to the pan as you go and/or lower the temp once your skillet gets really hot. Start with one test pancake to get the hang of it. Enjoy.