Add this to your meal rotation. It’s super easy and kid approved! It’s simple enough for any week night, but nice enough for company. Here’s the thing- I wasn’t sure what to name it. Because, yes, it has Mexican flavors, but they aren’t over powering. It’s not spicy at all. If you leave out the ranch, you could serve it like you would any pulled pork. But add in the ranch and you are ready for an amazing taco salad! If I haven’t already sold you, this makes a lot. I made this on Monday and was able to freeze the other half for healthy convenient food for when I do that thing I do where I keep putting off going to the store until it’s absolutely necessary.
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 fresh lime (optional)
- 3 lb boneless pork butt roast
- Mix spices.
- Cut up garlic and onion.
- Place minced garlic and onion in the bottom of a slow cooker (use a small or medium sized slow cooker).
- Place pork butt on top of garlic and onions and coat with spices.
- Cook for one hour on high and 6 hours on low until meat is so tender it shreds.
- Remove fatty pieces and shred on to a platter.
- Squeeze lime on top for serving.
Ingredients for Mexi Ranch:
1/2 cup of good mayo ( you can make your own or buy ones without soybean oil)
1 clove of garlic
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
Handful of cilantro
1/3 tablespoon of cider vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and mix in a blender. Do not over mix!
Serving ideas: We served ours over sweet potatoes and it was delicious. This would also be amazing over riced cauliflower or in a taco salad!