So I started not to share this with you guys, because it’s not exactly a recipe, but then I thought that sometimes those types of meals are my very favorite to make! Here is my “recipe” for healthy sweet potato nachos.
We struggle at dinner. My kids are still at the age where the witching hour is the real deal. You know that thing where everyone starts falling a part at 5 o’clock? I’m always watching the clock while desperately texting my husband asking him when he’s coming home. I’m at least telling myself that I am not the only one here!
Anyway, sometimes *quiet* dinners are nice (and rare)! This meal was so yummy that the kids didn’t seem to remember to fall a part. 🙂
So here’s how you make it, but be sure to put you own style into it. Think about what your family likes! My kids strangely don’t mind spice, so we can do mildly spicy stuff.
- Grab a bag of sweet potato chips (a mix of sweet potato and corn). I bought mine at sprouts and they were soy-free.
- Make your taco meat. I used ground sirloin, but you could do ground beef or turkey.
- Throw in some chopped (frozen if you are in a hurry) onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, onion, powder or an organic taco mix.
- Dump your chips into 9×13 pan.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese on top. It doesn’t have to be cheddar. I used mozerella here and it was still delicious.I
- Bake at 400 for 6 minutes or so. You want the cheese melted.
- Top with avocado, salsa, pickled jalapeños,, and lime juice!
- Drizzle plain greek yogurt on top.