So here’s a recipe that I was tempted to not even advertise as grain-free or gluten-free, because it’s so good it can totally stand on its own. It’s basically all the comfort food feel of enchiladas without the empty calories. The corn tortillas are replaced with nutrition filled sweet potatoes. Not only is it healthier, but it’s way easier. No rolling tortillas here! And my favorite part is that the enchilada pie is a one pot meal.
This makes for delicious left overs and would be a great meal to bring to a friend!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion (chopped finely)
- 2 sweet potatoes (cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 lean ground beef
- 1- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese (However much it takes to cover the top of your pie. It will depend on the size of your pan)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut up veggies.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in an oven proof skillet. Sauté onions and sweet potatoes until onions are translucent and fragrant.
- Add beef and seasonings. Crumble beef with spoon and cook.
- When beef is cooked through, add tomatoes. Stir well.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 7 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.