You guys we did it! One week of whole30 down. According to whole30’s timeline, we are in the “I just want a nap” phase and I think that’s pretty accurate. My husband is doing it with me and we’ve both felt pretty exhausted today! It’s okay let’s just keep going and around day 12 we should start feeling AWESOME. I absolutely think whole30 is already teaching us so much about using food as fuel instead of using food emotionally. It’s also opening our eyes to all the unnecessary junk that’s in like 90% of our food. You guys, why on earth is there sugar and chemicals in some chicken?
Let’s keep plugging on knowing that can do anything for just 30 days and I am positive we all have at least one big victory (honestly I anticipate having several)! I was very intentional last week to keep the whole30 week one meal plan incredibly simple. This week I’ve tried to keep it as easy as possible while also including meals that will make you excited about dinner and keep this from getting boring.
Here’s what we are eating this week:
Whole 30 Breakfast:
Hard Boiled eggs + Carrots + mango or banana x3
Apple Nacho (apple sliced thin with almond butter, coconut flakes, on top) x3
Sweet Potato Fried Egg Sandwich (cut a sweet potato across the width and broil to make “bread” and add a fried egg sandwich and homemade mayo (if you have it!) and avocado.
Whole30 Nicoise Salad. Canned Salmon (I found some complaint canned salmon at Costco) mixed with homemade mayo (I made mine with avocado oil), olives x3
Whole30 compliant sausage or hot dog, avocado and lime and sea salt + mango x2
Whole30 leftovers x2
1)Whole30 Chicken Piccata by Little Bits Of served with roasted green beans
2) Paleo Egg Roll in a Bowl by Jay’s Baking Me Crazy
3) Whole30 Zucchini Enchiladas by Real Foodie Family with sweet potatoes and apples
4)Veggie Meat Sauce over browned Sweet Potatoes by Real Foodie Family
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ½ cup of onion chopped ( I used frozen)
- 2 cans (1 lb ) of whole tomatoes
- 2 organic carrots chopped into cubes
- 1 ¾ lb of organic beef
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of refined coconut oil
- Brown beef with onions, carrots, and bell pepper.
- Add in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, and olive oil.
- Simmer for an hour (if you have time!).
- Spiralize sweet potatoes and cook on medium heat in 1 tablespoon of refined coconut oil until they begin to caramelize.
- Serve the sauce over sweet potato noodles.
5) Grilled Citrus-Herb Chicken Tenders Salad with toasted almonds, and grapefruit salad
Recipe in meal plan.
6) Blackened Cod with sweet potatoes and zucchini by Slender Kitchen.
7) Whole30 Loaded Sweet Potato Fries by 40 Aprons
Note: Make this meal when you feel like you aren’t going to make it through whole30! It will feel decadent. Also, I looked SO many places for complaint bacon, but the only places I’ve found it (here in TN) are Sprouts and Whole Foods. They love to sneak sugar and nitrates into bacon.
1-2 dates with coconut oil (you will have dates and coconut oil left over from the recipes)
Cashews or Almonds
Editable Shopping List and Meal Plan
My goal is to do a lot of the legwork for you! I know whole30 is no easy endeavor. You guys have a lot going on and for most of you whole30 is just something you are doing along with a bunch of other things, so I hope this will help. With that in mind, I made my grocery list and meal plan on an editable google doc for you to tweak in your own google docs before going to the store. This meal plan has more detailed notes than what’s up on the site!
Here ya go: