This blog post was particularly fun to create because I am sharing with y’all our all time favorite granola bar AND I got to work on this post with my Ella girl. Ella is two and she’s turned into a total Mama’s girl. Don’t get me wrong she loves her Dada, but when she tired, hungry, or just feeling all the feels (two year old girls have a lot) she wants me. I know one day soon I’m going to miss the adorable phrase, “Hold you me, Mama!” very much!
For awhile I tried to be intentional about filling up her little cup and getting her started on something like a coloring book, so that I could accomplish one tiny thing on my to do list. It worked…for two whole minutes and then she was back at my feet. I didn’t want to turn on the television yet again, but I desperately needed to be able to do basic things like switch out the laundry or make us a healthy snack.
And then the toddler tula arrived on my doorstep on the best day possible. Ella had come down with a cold and was just falling a part. She smiled when she saw the Tula and squealed with delight at the cute deer print I had chosen. I put it on and was shocked by how comfy it was and Ella very proudly announced, “I a kangaroo.” Since then we are Kangaroos a lot and we both love it!
I hope your family enjoys our favorite bars! Check out the notes in the recipe for some helpful tips. Here’a a video with shots of our little cooking session!
- 3 1/4 cups of oats
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond butter (you can sub sunflower butter)
- 1/2 cup of milk (we use half almond half coconut but anything will work here)
- 1/3 cup of agave
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 dark organic chocolate
- Prep a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- Heat the almond butter in the microwave for one minute.
- Stir together butter, oats, milk, agave, vanilla and salt.
- Press into the pan and let them chill in the fridge for thirty minutes or in the freezer for ten.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in the fridge and they will stay fresh for the 3-4 days.
We prefer almond butter over peanut butter for these particular bars. To modify for nut free sub sunflower butter. I recommend letting them chill to ensure that they are firm, but my family is almost always way too excited so we just eat them a bit wet and exactly no one has complained 😉
Carry Me Away sent us this awesome Toddler Tula carrier in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own!