I wanted to share with you guys all about our fun time at Daniel Tiger Live and tell you what to expect, so you can decide if it’s a good fit for you. First of all, with three food allergies in house, we’ve had to learn to look for more non-food outings to enjoy as a family. I am always on the look out for new neat experiences and Daniel Tiger Live didn’t disappoint.
My son, age four, loved Daniel Tiger as a toddler and still enjoys him from time to time. He thoroughly enjoyed the show and I even think older kids would have loved it. The cast was amazing and very engaging.
My two-year old has been smitten with “Dan Dan” for over year now. She was beside herself with excitement when Katerina Kitty Cat came out into the crowd. I mean is there anything better than watching your kid smile from ear to ear. She kept saying, “I am at Dan Dan’s house and it’s shiney!” Not entirely sure what that meant, but it was cute! Ha.
What to Expect:
- Arrive early, so you can find parking and get settled before the show.
- Be ready for great photo ops! They have this awesome trolley background. Maybe you will be better than I am about getting your little one to actually look at the camera. 😉
- If they have a Daniel Tiger shirt or stuffy you may want to have them wear/bring that! My kids had so much fun holding on to their Daniel Tiger stuffed animals the whole show.
- Daniel Tiger merchandise will be there if you want it.
- In the middle of the show there will be an intermission with potty breaks for little ones complete with, “When you have to go potty, stop and go right away!”
- Daniel Tiger Live does a great job of entertaining the kids before and during intermission with a trolley light that bounces around the ceiling. See the picture below.
- Pretty much all of your children’s favorite Daniel Tiger songs will be sung. I dare you to make it through the whole thing without singing too. I know you know those songs…
- The plot line is adorable. It’s mixed with a bunch of scene changes that there your little ones will be familiar with like Baker Akers, Music Man Stan’s, and the school! Daniel Tiger and his friends are putting on a school play and Daniel Tiger is the King in the play, so King Friday lets Daniel Tiger be king for a day to learn what it’s like.
- Your kids will get a great lesson in kindness as Daniel Tiger learns how kindness is one of the most important attributes, especially for a king!
I highly recommend going to see Daniel Tiger Live and create an awesome memory with your family. It’s also such great exposure to theatre at an early age. Enjoy!
This post was sponsored by Daniel Tiger Live in return for sending my family to the show, but as always ALL opinions are 100% my own.