This meal will be put on the monthly rotation because it’s full of the perfect sweet and spicy flavor. You really might want to double it, because I promise everyone will want seconds. This curry proves that quick nutritious meals are possible! And you can serve a healthy meal to your family without dirtying every dish in your kitchen. Or is that only me?
We are homeschooling for the first time this year and I want some easy dinners up my sleeve to pull out when it’s been a crazy day! I try to have at least one vegetarian meals planned out. Not only do vegetarian meals tend to be cheaper, a lot of times they are faster to make.
We love Hope’s Hummus and I buy mine at Sprouts. I usually buy the Kale Pesto that my kids use as “green dip” for veggies. When I saw the curry the flavor, I was inspired to make it the spotlight of our dinner. It was such a hit with the kids and the husband, that I’m making again next week! Tip: Give your kids less hummus, because it’s a bit “spicy” as my two- year- old says.
Be sure to use sushi rice with this, the stickiness of the rice really elevates this easy dinner making it feel like something you would get out. Plus, it’s kind of fun getting to mold the rice!
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of sushi rice
- Hope Hummus Thai Curry
- Sesame seeds
- 2 Sliced Avocado
- Prepare the sushi rice according to the directions on the box. Plan time to soak them if the directions on the box suggests it. The good news is you can just walk away and leave it there for a thirty minutes
- Drain a can of black beans and dump into a medium sauce pan.
- Add in avocado oil, hot sauce, teaspoon of salt, and coconut sugar.
- Heat the Hope Hummus Thai Curry in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until it's slightly warm.
- When the rice is cooked, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Plate the rice.
- Top the rice with beans, slices of avocado, and sesame seeds.