So here’s the deal- I can only pretend to like football for so long, but I love that my husband loves it. Watching football may not be my thing, but I’m all about football food. I know that carving out time to watch the Super Bowl with Super Bowl football snacks would mean a lot to him. I started thinking what I could make that would be delicious but not totally derail how we’ve been eating and I came up with these incredibly delicious buffalo chicken tenders.
You should make this for your Super Bowl party because:
- They are gluten-free
- They are grain-free
- They have zero sugar
- They are paleo
- They taste just like the real deal buffalo chicken tenders (except you feel good after eating them)
- They sit out well. Seriously, they tasted just as good at room temperature, which makes them perfect for watching a game
- They are husband approved (he asked that I make them again on Sunday) and kiddo approved.
- 1/4 cup of blanched almond meal/flour (make sure to buy blanched)
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/3 cup of milk (regular or almond if you aren't doing dairy)
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (use refined here so you don't have a coconut taste)
- 1/3 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce
- A small package of chicken breast tenders (mine was 14 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine almond flour and coconut flour. Stir in spices (except pepper).
- Melt oil over medium high heat in a skillet.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, egg, and pepper.
- Dip tenders in the milk-egg mixture and then dredge in flour.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the chicken tenders. Flip when golden.
- Since the tenders will be cooked in the oven, don't worry about making sure they are fully cooked. Remove from oil and place in baking dish.
- Pour Frank's Hot Sauce on top of the tenders. Coat well. Cook uncovered in the oven for about 13 minutes. Serve with ranch and eat in front of the game!
We like ours dipped in ranch. You can make your own or buy a clean version. Last week I made my own and today I just bought a soy-free ranch. We can't do everything! My recipe for ranch is in this post just sub out the cilantro for parsley, since this isn't a Mexican dish. *Note if you leave off the hot sauce, you have Paleo chicken tenders!