I love how many variations there are on chicken salad, but at the end of the day, I want the very best recipe with the best ingredients that will be a hit every time.
This is the chicken salad that was served at our wedding (except on amazing croissants before my gluten-free days).
It’s simple. I throw in 3 chicken breasts on high in the crockpot and cook them for three hours until they basically shred themselves. I try to do this at 8:30 in the morning so we can have it for lunch and then eat on it for the rest of the week. My favorite way to have chicken salad is when it’s still slightly warm. Anyone else?
Since this chicken salad is so simple each ingredient shines through, so don’t use just any mayonnaise, okay? Personally, I use a high-quality mayonnaise like Just Mayo or Avacado Mayo. Both of these are soy-free too!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/2 cup of high quality mayo
- 3 celery stalks minced
- Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil into the bottom of a crockpot pan.
- Add in chicken.
- Cook on high for 3-3 1/2 hours.
- Shred with a fork (it should be so tender that it just falls a part).
- Drain broth.
- Add mayo, celery, salt and pepper and mix well!